Saturday, September 7, 2013

iDenkilla's Ideal Smart Watch

Earlier this week I said I would post an entry on my ideal smart watch. Well here it is. Sorry for the delayed post.

If I were to create a smart watch, I would give it a nfc chip so I can pay for items by tapping the watch against nfc equipped cash registers. This is already available for phones with built in nfc chips.  The other benefit to this would be that my phone would unlock when I grab it with the wrist my watch is on. It's cumbersome to always have to take your phone out and unlock it to use and on the other hand you need a password to protect your phone from prying eyes.

It should also include a GPS chip, heart rate monitor, pedometer, and the technology to track sleeping habits (like the Jawbone Up). This way it's one device that I can use while I'm doing cardio, or sleeping. The smart watch would be competing with the likes of the Nike fuel band and Fitbit.

The watch face should pop up and the camera should be built into the back of it. When I want to take a picture, I'm able to raise my wrist to the height I prefer and be able to have screen facing me instead of me looking down at it. It also improves the cool factor because it looks futuristic.    

The device should be actively listening to for a keyword to activate the virtual assistant. This is similar to the moto X functionality, this way I am able to do use it while I'm on the move and not be distracted by fiddling with the device.

Additionally, I would include wireless headphones to listen to the music on my phone and be able to control it from the watch on my wrist. Another plus to this feature is my texts, emails, etc can be read to me I'm private.

What do you guys think of this smart watch? What else would you add?

iDenkilla

3 comments: