Thursday, September 26, 2013

iDenkilla's Origin Story

Hey Guys,

I typically don't post twice in a day, but I wanted to tell you guys how I came up with the name "iDenkilla".

Back in the early 2000s, Nextel cell phones were very popular. These were the phone where you can chirp your buddies to see what they were up to. Just like walkie talkies but you didn't have to be within a certain range. I had their color flip phone, the Nextel i760. Around that time, I discovered forums and the developer community, based on the information they posted, I modified (moded) my Nextel and pretty soon I was doing the same for a lot of my friends.

Another name for a Nextel is, iDen. So I thought I'd call myself iDenkilla since I hack these phones.

That's the origin story of my name.

Later,
iDenkilla

Nextel i760

2 comments:

  1. Though Vinay S. gives his all, he can't help iDenkilla's Origin Story overcome a cliche-ridden script and familiar narrative. I give this origin story a 2 out of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 out of 5 is still better than certain movies out there. Let me know if you're interested in making it into a movie.

    ReplyDelete