Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Thought on the Galaxy Gear Smart Watch

So on Wednesday Samsung released its first piece of wearable technology, Galaxy Gear, a smart watch. It has a camera, touch screen display, and runs android. I'm a bit disappointed with how they built the device. It also seems to lag from the videos I watched.

I honestly don't see how I can use this as a working professional. I wouldn't want to to dictate personal texts/ emails I'm sending while at work. I wouldn't want my texts or emails to be read aloud either. Additionally, I would find it annoying as Hell to hear someone else be doing the same at work.

The camera which is placed on the wrist, band of the watch, is not intuitive at all. To take a picture of something I'm looking at, I would need to pull my wrist to eye level so I can see the screen and take the picture.

To activate the virtual assistant, you have to either press a button on the device or use the screen. I'm not a fan of the virtual assistant technology because I don't want people hearing my business in public. But if I were to use it, it is way too cumbersome to activate.

The Samsung smart watch will be able to run apps also. The downside, is that the device can only handle 10 apps at a time. There shouldn't be a limitation on how many apps it can handle.

There is a smart watch which was released by a company named Pebble. I think that company created a better smart watch. It's simple displays times, texts, emails on the phone. It can run other apps as well but I'm not familiar on which ones. It's simple and doesn't overdo it. The one feature I really like on it it's that you can change the way the time displays.

That's it for my review, tomorrow I will be posting on what items my smart watch would have.

Thanks,
iDenkilla

2 comments:

  1. Samsung Watch = InnovationSeptember 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM

    Damn Apple fanboys. Always ready to knock the competitor because apple didn't do it first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does this make me an apple fan boy?

    Let's see HTC make a smart watch, I bet the battery won't last more than 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete